Traditional Network Computing : server con applicazioni e dati
- sistema operativo del server
- sistema operativo del client
- protocollo di rete comune
Client Server Computing : il server gestisc l'accesso ai dati
- un client per le richieste delle applicazioni
- un front-end server per la gestione delle richieste del client
- un back-end server che gestisce il DB
Network Computing (Java) : client senza HD ,le applicazioni girano nella ram del client
- universal network client (Java)
- application server
- universal data server
Application Server Computing : applicazioni eseguite sul server
- s.o. multiutente
- protocollo di presentazione (protocollo ICA)
- client software
- gestione centralizzata della applicazioni e dei client
Esistono due tipi di dispositivi per gli utenti : Fat e Thin client ,rispettivamente : pc completi di hd ,ram ecc ;pc senza hd ,slots di espansione ecc.
KEY BENEFITS OF DEPLOYING METAFRAME
Is approach to application server computing offers business benefits in four keys areas :
- Enterprise-class management
- Seamless integration
CITRIX DIGITAL INDEPENDENCE
METAFRAME XP FEATURE SUMMARY
Includes the following new feature :
- Citrix Management Console : replaces the Citrix Server Administration ,Published Application Manager ,Citrix Licensing and Load Balancing Administration utilities found in MF1.8.
- Independent Management Architechture : allows mf XP to be easily installaed ,managed and expanded as business requirements demand.
- Nfuse : allows administrator to publish application through the web
- Integrated Security : secures comunication between client and server
- Licensig : single point licensing to allows easy management
- Printer Management : enables an administrator to replicate print driver installation and configuration across the server farm
- Pass-through Autenthication : passes the user's desktop authentication to the server metaframe.
- SNMP Agent : enables metaframe to be viewed and managed to third-party management application.
- Centralized Data Storage : stores all Citrix configuration information in a database rather then in an in-memory database (as in the 1.8)
- Product and Connection Licenses : are held centrally in the data store
- Speedscreen Latency Reduction : improves the performance of the ica protocol on restricted bandwith using text entry prediction and instant mouse click feedback.
- Greater Color Depth : provides suport for application that use high-color and true color.
- Greater Resolution : provides support for application than use resolutions up to 2701x2701
- Tcp-based ica browsing : allows ica clients to discover published application through the firewalls and other secure devices without relying on udp broadcast.
- Web-based ica install : enables ica clients to be installed through the web server.
- Multi-monitor support : allows XP to span multiple monitor simultaneosly within a single ica session.
- Application save position : allow XP to remember the postion and the size of an application published.
- Panning and scaling : allows the same application tha run on the desktop to be viewed on any handheld device by moving a view window over large images ,or to scale an application so it fits within a smaller window.
- Shadowing : allow administrator to disable shadowing of ica session during the setup of XP.
- Logging of shadowing : allow the administrator to keep a log of all the ica sessions that have been shadowed.
- Shadowing indicator : displays inthe ica client when the ica sessionis being shadowed.A user can stop the shadowing using the shadowing indicator dialog.
- Multiple session support : allows ica windows 16-bit clients run multiple ica sessions.
METAFRAME XP PLATFORMS
Metaframe XP is available in three different versions :
Metaframe XP Load Manager Installation Manager Resource Manager Network Manager XPs X XPa X X XPe X X X X X